Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 13: Fairy Tales and Rain

I was so sad to leave Copenhagen this morning! Okay - not REALLY because I'll be back in a week or so. But still - it was great to be there for so long!! At the same time, I'm glad to see more of Denmark.

We drove for about 3 hours to the town of Odense. It is the birthplace of Hans Christen Andersen! So we visited his house and a museum and it was lovely! So far I like this town a lot - maybe even the most!! Er...Drammen was pretty nice. Anyway - I found this great art shop with some GREAT art. I loved it. I loved it a lot. And bought many things. (4 post cards, 1 magnet and 1 print.)

(cute duck bumb at the H.C. Andersen museum)

We played a concert in the afternoon - I think it was from 4:00-5:15. Anyway, it was timed perfectly because despite the warm warm weather, the sky BURST INTO TEARS after our performance. When we were about half way cleaned up it started POURING. It felt great and the sky got real dark and it cooled way down. We were all actually pretty thrilled about that.

The concert went well. We heard there were about 300 people standing or sitting, watching us at all times - so that's encouraging. We got another unison-clap ovation. That's 3 for 3 now, or something like that!!

(H.C. Andersens' pen and ink pot)


After the concert, some more host families picked us up to take us home for dinner and sleeping. Suzy, Alia and I were staying with these two nice ladies (mother and daughter.) Their car is so tiny that Alia and Suzy and most of the luggage left to get dropped off at one location with the daughter who then drove back to pick her mom and I up (but only we had a chance to sit down for a nice REAL, delicious, Ginger Ale while we waited.) Then all of us (daughter, mom, Alia, Suzy, me) went to the "summer home" for dinner - and we went out on the beach and collected shells and rocks and it was pretty!! Then the mom stayed there and the daughter drove us back to their winter home about 20 minutes away. That's where I am now. It's all very lovely, really.


Odense

Tomorrow we're going to Aarhus for a few days. I'm really looking forward to that. But mostly I'm looking forward to the cooler weather.

Sorry about the no pictures. I'm feeling lazy tonight. I'll post them here tomorrow, so re-read this blog again and I will have added pictures!!

Love to everyone!

1 comment: