Monday, February 22, 2010

Spontaneous Dinner Recipe

I was going to make a delicious romantic dinner for the Husband for Valentine's day.  BUT we went to his parent's house on V-day to celebrate his sister's birthday. And Saturday night I was tied up with a Synthesis concert. And Monday the Husband had a big date planned (which was delicious.) All plans foiled.

So I committed to making dinner - a nice Sunday dinner - yesterday. To celebrate the first and only Sunday we've had to ourselves since we got married.

It was so good. When I was at Target shopping for it, I grabbed a handful of delightful looking ingredients that I wasn't quite sure how i was going to use - but it turned out brilliantly!

1. Gnocchi - tri-color - boiled with salt and doused in maranara sauce (lightly - just to coat!)
2. Chicken breast - dipped in butter and then in a mix of bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
3. A "Rose" cream sauce with warm Ricotta cheese, garnished with garlic powder and Parsley for the chicken and gnocchi
4. Shrimp Cocktail appetizer for Spencer
5. Dinner rolls with Olive Oil/Balsamic Vinegar/Pepper/Seasoning dip
6. Spinach salad with dried cranberries, candied walnuts, bacon bits, feta cheese and Greek dressing
7. Sparkling Cider Martinelli to celebrate

Really - it was all quite delicious!
I would highly recommend it.

2 comments: