Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Duckies!

Today I started my new job for Performing Arts Management on campus. It was a joy. I started at 8 and got done at 2 and on my walk home I walked the path up past a beautiful little stream that runs alongside the road. It's a popular place for "roommate pictures," engagement pictures, family pictures, and duck feeding. 



I loved watching the ducks this afternoon. Have you ever noticed that when they eat they stick their heads straight in the water and their bums straight up in the air? It's gotta be the darn-right cutest thing I've ever seen. Ever.

And when they sleep! Oh, when they sleep.

They cuddle into themselves in the grass. They sit down and nuzzle their beaks into their back feathers and close their eyes. I suppose I sort of do the same when I cuddle into bed. I snuggle the blankets way up under my chin and get all wrapped into myself.

I do think I rather like ducks.

And I'll pack an extra piece of bread with me for lunches, just for the walk home :)

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is in the spring when they have ducklings! Its funny to watch them struggling to swim up that little stream after mom.

    How is your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the most adorable blog post I have ever read. You are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roommate pictures. Oh man. Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete