Monday, June 7, 2010

So I've been a little dried up, lately.

Yeah - I have.

I wouldn't say I've been avoiding blogging, but I can't say I've been particularly motivated to do so, either. That's because of this rut I'm in. I have ideas, sure, to post blogs about. Maybe the wedding I went to last week or a thought I had about human kind. But I don't always feel so confident in my ideas. Sometimes I feel they're golden, sometimes I don't care and sometimes I'm just not feeling it.

So I justify not blogging. I'm just too busy or I have better things to do. 

And then I feel guilty for not posting. Plus - I LIKE to blog. It makes me feel happy and good because when I blog I tend to think more positively. So I wonder - have I lost my creativity and/or imagination? Is there something wrong with me? Have I dried out, completely?

But then I got to thinking about cycles of life. And I felt better about drying up a little. I figure everything's got a cycle. The seasons go around and around, wet-dry-soggy-dry-wet-etc. All the way throughout the year! Women have a monthly cycle where - well...we all know what happens. Highways have cycles throughout the day of free-flowing traffic and congestion. Wheels get flat but we inflate them again. Lightbulbs burn out but we replace them. Everything has a cycle.

So I'm not so strange and maybe shouldn't feel so guilty for my lack of posting witty thoughts/inspiring ideas/neat pictures/happy videos/etc. 

What matters the most, I think, is that maybe I'm out of my rut. I believe I'm past my mental ovulation, and my blogger-PMS is over. It's monsoon season, baby! The tires are pumped, the lightbulbs replaced and tah-DAH I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment