Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh my heavens, it's twenty-eleven!



The beginning of this year has come relatively quietly. I'm afraid to say its celebratory nature was a bit exhausted by the failure of a contract on a house, some other big life decisions, the passing of a friend, and the beginning of a new semester.

But it has also been joined by the reunion of friends, the warmth of home, and WONDERFUL family. 

Oh how I love the holidays.

But really, I'm posting the requisite "Resolutions" post. Because I have resolutions worth posting that, so far, have gone swimmingly.

You see, I set myself up for success this year.  Instead of taking on one hundred twenty seven thousand, four hundred and thirty eight new things - I've lessened the load. I'm taking a healthy 12 credits. Did you hear that? TWELVE. And they're credits I will ENJOY. I am working twenty hours in the mornings of my days. I am done at 1 pm, with a nice spattering of evening classes to tide me over.

I debated about auditioning for Synthesis. I was going to. And then I wasn't. And then I was. And then I wasn't. And then I was. And then I didn't. I did it for three years, toured with the ensemble twice, and made some wonderful friendships. But it also brings an intense rehearsal schedule, and a lot of anxiety. And by a lot I really do mean a lot. So - thanks for the music. Thanks for the memories. Maybe I'll come to a concert this semester.  I have yet to email the director. That will be hard....

But I'm going to get into shape. Do I want to lose weight like everyone else? Sure. But really, I'd like to just be fit again.  I'd like to cook more. I LOVE cooking. I'd like to learn to speak a language, and you know what? Maybe this year is the year. (Currently I'm listening to this song and, though I don't know what it means, it's beautiful.) 

 And I'll audition for another show. Seusical auditions are on March 3rd, everybody.  COUNT ME IN.

I'll sleep, and I won't feel threateningly exhausted every. day. of. my. life.

I'll read books.

I'll get good grades in every class because I'll finally have enough time to study/practice for ALL of them.

Life is good. And it's going to stay good, so help me.

And, in the mean time, I'm obsessed with this, this, and this

Best of luck to everyone and your own resolutions this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment