Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shirley Temple

here's a commercial on these days that use Shirley Temple's song "Early Bird." So I've been thinking about Shirley Temple.

Now, I've never been a huge Shirley Temple fan. Like, ever. I've always thought she was overrated, completley, and nigh unto irritating.

So, having avoided all things Shirley Temple for the last few years of my life because of my Shirley Temple aversion, I decided to give in and YouTube her. I found the following video, and I actually think it's gorgeous.


Now, I don't think this movie did well, and as far as I know, I don't think Shirley Temple's career was great after her childhood, but I think the trailer is so romantic! Isn't it? Don't you just want to run through that big house in a puffy white dress singing "ah ah ah ah!!" Like Shirley?

I still don't like her as a kid - but I"ll give her one thing, that this trailer is pretty pretty :)

2 comments:

  1. The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer (with Cary Grant) is one of her best, and she was a teenager in that one. We have it if you want to borrow it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am unashamed of my love for Shirley Temple, even (especially?) her early stuff! I agree with Adam B up there--"The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" is pretty darn funny. :)

    ReplyDelete