Thursday, February 24, 2011

Genius for Many Reasons

My daily planner is full of "inspirational quotes" which I tend to take with a grain of salt. This is usually because the "quote" is something to the effect of "Children are life's love" or something weird like that.

Oh here's one I just found: "The world always looks brighter from behind a smile."

Not bad, mind you. They're typically very true. But they're not usually moving in any particular way.

Today I looked at my planner and noticed the following quote at the top of the page:

"Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty." -Albert Einstein

Admittedly, much of what Albert Einstein said in his day goes so over my head that I can't even feel good about using the phrase "right over my head" because it is SO much farther over my head than just "right" over it.

But this? I can relate to. It's something that is so true but I hadn't quite thought about it in that way. Widening our circle of compassion, embracing all living creatures and the whole of nature is what frees us.


Essentially, we become free through compassion and gratitude.


I say - Good one, daily planner. This week's quote was definitely a winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment