Sunday, September 6, 2009

Zumba

I signed up for an aerobics class. No, this isn't a class i'll get credit for - heaven only knows I wouldn't be able to wake up on Saturday mornings if it were required. But I signed up for a StepKardio/Zumba class held Tuesday and Thursdays from 5:30-6:30 and Saturday mornings 8:30-9:30. I went for the first time yesterday.

I loved it.

Here's why:

1. I am taking it with a dear friend and old roommate (always roommate at heart.) I'm so glad to be able to do something fun with her on a regular basis so we can keep in close touch with each other despite not living together this year.

2. I've been wanting to exercise more regularly. I get SO BORED with the notion of "Eh...I'm just gonna 'go out for a run' today." Boring Snoring, right? Well, a StepKardio/Zumba fusion aerobics class is ever so exciting. After spending a half hour doing intense step aerobics, we spend the last half hour doing what is called Zumba - it's a very African-ey and Latin-ey style workout. I wouldn't call it "dancing" but i wouldn't call it just an aerobics routine, either. It rocks.
the #3 reason why i love Zumba is touch-ey-feel-ey. I have adequately prepped you, now.
3. I think it's an INCREDIBLE feeling to be a part of 100 or so girls doing something difficult. I love the feeling of pushing thru my weaknesses and overcoming physical obstacles. And each and every girl in there is doing just the same as me! How fantastically motivating it is to be a part of something so huge and so grand. It is so empowering to think "Yeah. We're all doing this together." We're all overcoming the same obstacles, and we're all trying to stay fit and we're all trying to do something good for ourselves. How. Cool.
- - - On that note, I have an idea. Read my next post and tell me what you think! - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment